Power Bank vs. Battery Case - Which one is best for you?
What’s a power bank or a battery case? Well, two of the most needed accessories of the moment, of course!
No matter how much smartphone manufacturers try to improve battery life, most people still end up charging their handsets every night. Because hey!, we’re already depending way too much on them.
This shouldn’t be a problem if we could find power outlets anywhere, but there are a lot of situations in which there’s pretty much no way of charging a phone and we really need to use our phone, whose battery is at 2%. Yeah, this is what we call an urgency. If you don’t own one of these two awesome accessories, that is.
Both of them have the same purpose: recharging your phone as quick as possible, thus avoiding unpleasant situations when you need your phone desperately and there’s no other way of ‘refueling’. Still, there’s still one question left..
What should I choose between a power bank and a battery case?
- Very affordable – You can find a lot of great models, available at great prices
- High capacities – There are a lot of 10,000mAh models on the market, or even bigger
- Come with QuickCharge 3.0 – If your phone is supporting this technology, power banks can charge your phone to 100% in less than an hour.
- Various designs – If you care about this, you can find a power bank matching your phone’s design
- Difficult to use the phone while charging it – It can be a bit complicated to carry both the phone and the battery in one hand, right?
- The market is full of knockoffs – Since there’s a high demand for external batteries, Chinese manufacturers made various models, but with less power than they claim
- Heavy – If you opt for a 10,000mAh model, you will see that it’s a bit heavy to carry in your pocket, so you need to put it in your backpack or purse.
Highly portable – Just snap it on your phone and you’re good to go.
Easy to carry – Since it attaches to your phone, you won’t have any difficulties when talking on the phone
Reduced size – There’s no need to keep it in your pocket, purse or backpack. The battery case can stay on your phone all day long and when you don’t have any battery, just press a button and it will start charging.
A bit expensive – High quality battery cases don’t come for cheap
Small capacity – Since it’s a power pack that snaps on your phone, don’t expect that much juice from it. Most models can charge your phone once and that’s pretty much it.
Not the most appealing designs – Battery cases will make your phone look bulky, while some models are absolutely ugly. And yes, we’re talking about that hideous model Apple made for the iPhone 6/6s.
So, you have the pros and cons for both of these. Which one will it be for you?
For us, it’s always the power bank, but with a capacity of around 5000mAh, since it’s the perfect compromise. It has enough power to charge any phone more than once and it’s also compact enough to make it easy to carry. But we want to hear from you, so let us know your thoughts, by dropping a few lines in the comments section!