How to apply a screen protector on your smartphone
Andrei Calina | On 31, Mar 2014
Keep your device in mint condition for a longer time!
After spending a few hundred dollars on a new smartphone, you want to keep it in the best condition. For this, you’ll need to invest a few more bucks in some protection, like a case and a screen protector.
If a case is very easy to install, it doesn’t work the same with the screen protector, as some people encounter a few difficulties in doing it. Here’s a simple method of applying it:
- First of all, make sure you’re in a place where’s no dust at all in the air. You don’t want any on the screen before applying the protective film.
- Using a clean microfiber cloth, carefully clean the screen of your phone, in order to remove all the stains, grease or dust. Usually, the cloth comes in the same package as the protective film
- When the screen is clean, prepare the film. Most protective films come with three layers: the bottom one, which you remove before placing it, the main one, which is the thickest and stays on the phone and the top layer, which you also remove after you align it. Remove the first layer from the back of the film and carefully place it on the screen, after aligning it.
- With the help of a credit card or a similar item, remove all the air bubbles, if any.
- After you’re done, remove the top layer of the film to leave only the thickest one.
- And there you have it. Your phone’s screen is not protected from scratches, dust and all kind of damaging factors.